Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mayo

I just was impressed with myself for actually making mayo on from scratch that i needed to blog about it. Problem is i didn't get to take a picture of it because we used it before i charged my camera. looks and tastes good. It has a slight oil flavor but you make it from ingredients that i at least already had in the house.

1 egg
2 T lemon juice
dash of tabasco sauce. I didn't have this so i used vinegar since thats about all i taste in tabasco. I might add some hot sauce to it next time.

You mix this up with a food processor or i did it with a hand jucie blender thing and when its smooth you start adding 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil to it slowly while you keep blending it.

(you have to use vegetable oil they said or it won't turn out, and the lemon juice cooks the egg so you don't get sick)

So if you run out of mayo or just don't want to go to the store try it out. You can add your own flavors to it too. i got it from Homecooking the blog on my blog watch. Its a lady from Helena MT who just likes to cook. I really like a lot of her recipies and have made a few before she has even like her new chocolate mousse cake i found that one a few years ago. But its fun for ideas.

No comments: