Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Summer thoughts

1. Becky i totally wish you lived closer. Not only so we could be work out buddies but for so many other reasons.

2. I hate fish.(we have/had a bunch of fish for about 3 months and now all the sudden they all died within 3 days of eachother. and they were in 2 different tanks. I have one left of the original fish and i decided it was ok to go get some 13 cent gold fish to replace them with. but oh my goodness one of them died last night and i only got them that afternoon. oh well)

3. Michael Jackson was a person who everyone loved in some way. I think he was a music icon that few have ever attained or will attain the staus of. Does that mean he lead a perfect life. No because no one does but i think he had a lot more hard times than any of us will ever know and i know he's had a lot more hard times that i have that we do know of. Therefore i shed some tears for the king of pop yesterday, and listened to music in his honor and to just dance. I have always said music speaks to the soul. His music just makes you want to dance. So i say remember the music remember the fun remember the happy times that it fills in our lives. for me i remember halloween parties, dancing as a kid to bad with alvin and the chipmunks, spending summers outside listening to the great beats of michael.

4. My bike seat makes me feel like i've given birth again. Lol. other than that i acutally quite like to bike. I'm having a hard time going back to running right now. I have resolved to ride my bike to the store the library and anywhere else i don't feel threatened by cars. Its really refreshing and actually fun. I like being outside with the wind in my face and getting somewhere and knowing i really got myself there and that i'm doing something better for the world.

5. Triathilon training really isnt' that bad... yet. I'm hoping that by next spring i will be able to do a triathilon. You notice i didn't say compete in i just want to be able to do one. And it actually a sprint one that i'm working on its a 9 mile bike ride, a 5k and i think its a 350 swim. i'm doing well on the biking and running but the swimming might be a bit hard. but i'm hoping that this winter i will be able to get in the pool and learn the correct way to swim.

6. My mother in law is amazing. I am so happy that i have a great relationship with her. She is actually my inspiration for the triathilon training. She has already done two this summer and is going to do her third next month. She is on several rec leagues for different sports and is going to play on our soccer team that starts tomorrow. (i'm scared i've never really played soccer before yikes!!!) She is always willing to do whatever any of her kids need. And she always helps them with anything they have to do. She plays with her kids and all of her kids love to be around her. Kurtis and i love to be over with his parents and family doing thing playing games playing crockett going to dinner whatever it doesn matter. They are our best friends. I told kurtis the other day how glad i was the i get along with his mom and family i can't imagine not liking my in laws and having a hard time spending time with them because they help me with so many thing and inspire me to do so much. I just hope that i can do the same with my kids.

7. I love parks. Kyler has grown to love being outside. And since i'm in training we often go either to the park or to the school and play on the playgrounds. i love that he loves to be outside and it makes me feel like a good mom knowing that i'm taking him out and he is enjoying being outside and playing.

8. I miss floating the river. Of all the things i miss in montana the closeness of accesible water for fun is way way up on my list. I guess i just thought growing up that everywhere had rivers and lakes around them. and its not like they don't have any in utah its just i miss being able to go ten minutes and putting in on the river and floating it swimming, fishing and enjoying it with out a ton of other people there. I miss the lake and even though there are so many people out there still feeling like you were the only ones at the particular spot you were at. I just miss the convenience of the quiet beauty of montana.

9. Fireworks make me homesick. Ok i don't get homesick very often at all. And now my home is in utah but fireworks make me miss home. For the longest time the 4th of july has been my favorite holiday because of the heat the water the beauty and the time with family. I loved4th of july for what it means for this country and the simple symbolism of the fireworks they aren't just pretty they were the price of freedom. and where we see them as pretty they were a thing of fear when the true fireworks happened. I miss being in the firework stand helping people makeing people happy for the goodies they get to celebrate with. I miss lighting the fireworks. i miss the hail that always seemed to come on the 3rd of july. i miss soda and pizza and card games. i miss boating i miss it all. The 4th of july used to be the epidomy of summer for me. it was everything that was fun and exciting happy and it just breathed summer for me. I dont' think i really ever spent the 4th with anyone other than family and maybe that is why i get homesick when the fireworks come out.

10. I love summer.

now that i've gone on and on i will finish with just that i love summer.

No comments: