Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming

I figured that i'd write to tell you all how we're doing and what we've been up to.

Kurtis is just starting to get back into the swing of things at work. In asphalt the winter is down time pretty much. They've been working down at the flat getting things ready for this year and helping out at his bosses dads house with some chores. This next week he will be gone all week to moab where they have a job doing to paving i think. I will be moving in with the in laws for the week because apparently since i've gotton married i've become a scaredy pants. I'm still working at Bonneville we're rather slow right now so they are giving me more jobs to do, maybe that will mean i will get a raise soon!

Outside of work Kurtis is on a rec volleyball league in Murray. He plays ever thursday night and has been having fun with it. Volleyball is probably his favorite sport to play so getting to play it every week seems to be lifting his spirits. He also has been playing church ball every Saturday when they have enough guys. I am coaching our YW basketball team its been fun, my girls are undefeted and we have 2 games left so they're pretty excited. Especially since they are so young and really i only have 3 that know anything about basktball out of the 8. I've been having a hard time with the coaches on the other teams. they seem to think that this is the major leagues, and take it a little to seriously. Imagine that coming from me lol.

At my last Dr. appointment at the end of January my dr. told me that i needed to exercise more. The baby was measureing a little big and i had a big weight gain ( which i attested to not having a belly and then bam having one.) she was worried that if the baby keeps grown that fast that i wouldn't be able to deliver him naturally and would need a c-section. This was also about a week after i tore my round ligaments and had been having trouble just walking. So since i couldn't do anything that i was used to doing for exercise and i couldn't really walk i decided to try something new. So Kurtis and i now swim about 3 days a week at our rec center pool. It has been wonderful. i admit its very tiering but well worth it. I feel so light in the water and have noticed that once i get to a certin point i just bob right up. Kurtis has been teaching me form and breathing. He used to be on the swim team in highschool, so i'm lucky to get tips from him. Plus a nice thing is that during leisure swim i get to play bball in the water and i don't get hurt. :-)

Other than that we really haven't been doing much. We are really waiting for the good weather to get here the last few days we have had blue skies and 40-50 degree weather, but today we have a winter weather warning in effect until 10 pm and are supposed to get between 4-10 inches. So hopefully they are wrong.

anyway thats us. TTFN

3 comments:

Callie said...

I swam a lot during my first trimester! It was the only thing that would relieve the pressure on my poor sore abs. I felt like I had done many, many sit ups, but in reality hadn't done any.

I am waiting for it to warm up again...so I can get back in the water. I miss being able to swim. I am guessing I'll be able to swim during my last month of pregnancy. Although, the thought of putting on that maternity swimsuit again is kind of scary! :)

I had a check up in my 2nd trimester that I gained 10 lbs in 4 weeks...the same check up they decided I may be diabetic. I haven't had a big weight gain like that since...but I am still measuring big. So...I feel your pain!

Rebecca Susan said...

Big babies, they're so annoying. I measured big all the way through both my pregnancies--I hear ya on the round ligament pain!

Isn't it a wonderful thing in life to have nice in-laws that you get along with? It just makes life easier.

...Laura... said...

Swimming is totally the best exercise for a prego woman! I swam the whole time- I even did water aerobics with a bunch of little old grandmas- it was so much fun!

I think the weight gain stressed me out the most out of everything. I remember the first month of my 2nd tri, I only gained like 2 pounds. So I ate more. Then the next month I gained about 12! (that's also the month my belly appeared out of nowhere). I felt like the doctor scolded me like a child for gaining so much! So the next month I tried to be really good and didn't gain enough again! What can you do?! As long as your glucose levels and stuff are watched, who cares I say! It'll all even out in the end :)