Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Can baby say Walking Pneumonia?

First off laura you have to let me know when you get to utah for sure!!!

Now well so i may not get preeclampsia or bleed during my pregnancy like my mother did.... but i get everything else i think. So last week on about wednesday i started not feeling to great. Since Kurtis got what we thought was a cold the saturday before we figured i had just caught his cold. However thursday night after talking with his parents we found out that his brother Kevin has walking Pneumonia. And since kurtis's cough sounded a lot like kevins his mom and i were both thinking that we should go into the dr. However i am glad she said it to him before i did. So we were ok thurdsay and then friday we had a game night where we were both hacking up a lung. That night i couldn't sleep and at about 5 AM i decided to take a bath to try and get the pain out of my chest. When i got back to bed at about 7AM apparently i was pushing kurtis away anytime he got near me. Now thats not all that uncommon but ususally i remember such a thing and don't do it hurtfully. So he got out of bed and i slept until about 9:30. NOT NORMAL for me anyway. so when i got up we went to the dr. the best part of this trip for me was when the nurse who was going over our symptoms etc asked me when my last period was. kurtis an i both kinda looked at each other and smirked and i proceded to say ahh august...31st. all the while she was looking down at her paper and her face was priceless. when she did look up i told her i was pregnant. Then proceded to ask kurtis if i really just looked fat. But he explained that since i was wearing sweats and a hoody that it did just kinda look like i was a little plump.

Anyway so they basically told me that they couldn't do anything for me tested me for strep which was negative. Which i could have told them and then said well even if you do have anything we can't give you and x-ray and even if we could we can't give you any meds. soo.. on to kurtis. They did give him an x-ray and said there was a little fluid in his lungs but not much, however since his brother has walking pneumonia that wanted to treat him as if he had it full blown. so they perscribed him some meds and we picked them up that afternoon.

We stayed home from church on sunday so bad but hey at least we didn't infect anyone. and i slept in till 11 AM i think that might be a record. went to family night at his parents where we just kinda laid there the whole night i didn't ever really wake up that day.

on to monday...

Monday i went into work was there for about 5 min and my supervisor told me to go home and not to come back unless i was feeling better. so i've been out of the office for two days. But on monday i also called my dr. and after basically the whole day they got me on some meds. actually the same exact stuff that kurtis is on. so here we are day three of walking pneumonia... and going strong.

For the record i envy those that love being pregnant because i wish i did and i feel bad that i don't. but i am tired of being sick. But i am so thankful for the baby that is on the way and i know he will be worth all of it. i just wish he would get here sooner....

3 comments:

Rebecca Susan said...

:( :( :(. That is absolutely no fun! What rotten luck. I tell you, the next time you're pregnant you need to move to warmer climes. It stinks to be all big and hot, but if you have A/C and access to a pool, that's not so bad, and living in Hawaii, I only got sick once the whole time, with a minor cold. I wish the dumbos had just given you the medicine the first time! Honestly. Was it that hard to say, "well, his xray looks like pneumonia, and your cough sounds like his, so why don't we address this?" For crying out loud, pneumonia can get into your heart if its ignored! Would that be better than putting you on low risk med?! Grrrrr. Hope you feel better soon. Less than two months to go! Hang on!!

Callie said...

You poor thing!!! There were several times in my pregnancy that I didn't like being pregnant either! It is completely normal! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

I agree with Becky! You should totally move to a warmer climate while pregnant! It was great this winter.

...Laura... said...

That sounds terrible! I'm glad you finally got the meds you needed. How funny she didn't even realize you were pregnant! ha ha! Hope you get feeling better soon :)