Monday, March 3, 2008

March hey I'm almost a quarter centry old!!

March is here yay. I've feel like I've been so busy the last few weeks. Kurtis has been out of town in Moab for work, I was house sitting for his parents this last week which was great(but gave me a sample of what its like to have 3 teenagers busy busy busy), my friend Angie is getting married this Saturday and for the past three weeks i have had a bridal shower to go to every Saturday. Though its all been fun i feel like it has gone so fast. My Birthday is Wednesday and i've vowed to take the day off so Kurtis and i can spend some time together but i kinda feel bad because i have a Dr. Appointment tomorrow morning and will be late getting to work, and an endowment to go to on Friday. Whew....

I'm a little nervous about my dr. appointment tomorrow. I've been watching what i eat and trying to get exercise by swimming, but the last two weeks i have been unmotivated since kurtis isn't here and lap swimming is at 9pm and by then with the busy schedual i've been exhausted. Plus two weeks ago i got a flu bug for about 3 or 4 days and then this last week i generously got a cold where i think my entire brain filled up with snot that permenantly plugged my nose for the week. i think i went through 3 boxes of tissues. Now that i'm feeling better i have one day to go swimming before the appointment and i already know i've gained more than they wanted me to. I cannot beleive it. my belly is getting really big as the last blog kinda showed and since my torso is so short it really has no where to go but out. No stretch marks yet but i'm beggining to think that might be a wishful thought that i won't get any especially after seeing how much bigger callie's belly has gotten in the last few months.

I keep judging my puffyness by how well i can get on and off my wedding ring. some days i think the water gain is so much that its hard to get it of and then the next day it comes off fine. i don't know. But it all seems to be scaring me a bit. I'm afraid i'm not going to be able to loose the weight after but even more afraid that because the dr. told me that if the weight gain was to much that that probably mean the baby is growing fast and she's worried about him getting to big for me to deliver. One part of me keeps say hip hips has she seen your hips. I did inherit my mothers birthing hips, but the other part of me keeps thinking kurtis's last sibling were all over 10 lbs.

Anyway enough on my mental breakdown.... on the plus side this friday makes it offically 3 months till due date. then little baby anderson will be here and i can stop worrying about all of that and focus on the bundle of joy he is.

He has been very active lately. Just last night kurtis felt him as he was Rolling as i call it in my belly. he seems to do that lately right before we go to bed. i think he's just finding himself a nice comfy spot to sleep. i've also learned that he either hates or loves it when i sing to music. he tends to kick me on my way home from work when i'm singing in the car i think that its just our little jam session and that he is starting to fall in love with music already but i'm a little bias. Still no name for him as i am convinced not to give him one until i see him.


Anyway i better get back to work love you all. i'll let you know how everything goes.

3 comments:

Callie said...

Don't worry about the weight gain. I find the more I worry...the more I gain. Make sure you are eating balanced meals and trying to stay active.

I have been big all the way through my pregnancy...due to how short waisted I am. However, as I get closer and closer, I keep thinking, I can't get any bigger...then I do! :)

If you haven't gotten stretch marks yet, you may be okay. It is all about the genetics. I have always had issues with stretch marks. So...you may be aok. :) I hope so...'cause they really are painful and itchy at times!

Hang in there. If you need anything, or need a pep talk, let me know!

Rebecca Susan said...

Breathe, sweetie. Above sea level. . .below! You'll be ok. You may not have all that much torso to store a baby in, but you've got hips to get him through!

Weight gain sucks, but its hard not to when you're having pain. . .for the last two months of my pg with Dylan, he was sitting on my sciatic nerve, so I was in pain all the time. You'll get through it.

Have me on speed dial in case you need to call someone and cry out some frustration after your appointment tomorrow.

Sorry I didn't get to talk long today!

LOVE YOU!!

...Laura... said...

Remember- It's easier to prevent stretch marks, then to get rid of them- and they do mostly go away, even though people say otherwise.

They are a lot about genetics, but don't always play that way. My friend had her baby last summer, and I kept telling her to use the Palmers lotion, and she confidently said "my mother didn't get a single stretch mark through 5 kids". I bought her some of the Palmers stretch mark cream anyway, and her very last week they started showing up like crazy! She was so mad, and wished she'd been using the lotion all along.

And even if you get them- they're just beauty marks anyway!

Don't worry about him getting too big to deliver- you've totally got the hips!