Tuesday, May 6, 2008

monday which was never good anyway!!

Ok so in a bit of a continuation of my last rant....


I have been a bit dizzy for the last week almost now ever since my "episode" happened. The dr. had told me last week that if it continued it was probably an inner ear infection and that i should go to instacare to get checked out.


Yesterday since my ear had started to hurt on sunday and the dizziness has continued i figured ok at least i can get this treated and maybe then i won't be quite as miserable.....


LET THE GAMES BEGIN


so i left work early at about 3:30 so i could go to the insta care in bountiful i got there about 3:45 and got into see the dr. I told them all of the above so the dr came in talked with me about the goings on of the last week and whats been bothering me this week. So after this he looked in my ears... the census... they are fine. He said they aren't inflamed but to keep an eye on them becuase it can change very fast... however they wanted to do a few more tests on me to make sure it wasn't anything else. So round two of tests for Sam. test one... They drew more blood this time 3 viles full. you all know i hate needles this is the 2nd time in less than a week i have had my blood drawn but this isn't the worst part of this visit. They also take my blood pressure once while i'm laying, sitting, and standing. All of which were higher than i normally am i am usually at about 117/75 my lowest while i was laying down was 120/83 and my highest while standing was 143/85 which is ridiculously high for me. Plus my feet, face, and hands have been rediculously swollen the last few days so i figured they would tell me that i have preeclampsia since we've been watching for that anyway. oh but i'm getting ahead of the story... Then i had to give a urine sample.


After all these tests they had me sit and wait in a room for them to go through and assess the tests. He came back in said my white blood cells look fine, my urine has a trace of protien, but what they are worried about is that it looks like i have a urinary tract infection. Ok so no big deal i already have pills for this at home that i've never used because my dr. presrcibed them to be knowing that many women get these so i figure no problem easy to take care of.... but they need to check with my dr to make sure that they want me to be treated. so they call my ob's office.


Its after hours and she isn't on call so one of the other dr.'s pull my file and wants to make sure that they have diagnosed me correctly since pregnant women tend to have many different things in their urine she wants them to get a "pure" Sample by using a ..... CATHETER!!! i have never had this done. and so naturally i'm very nervous. the nurse was great but in the process they ended up using two catheters because apparently pregnant women this far along are all swollen and the first catheter ended up in my vagi gi. ok now this is the most painful part of the day but then after the test is done the dr. comes in and says well the good news is that there is no tract of infection....


So i spent 2 hours at the dr office had my blood drawn my urine taken twice the second of which was very Uncomfortable, and.... they still don't know whats wrong with me. They are having my urine cultured and my OB should have the results tomorrow when i go in for my appointment which they will be doing a strep test and hopefully that is the last test for a bit. This is also the start of my weekly visits. I just figure that this is my get ready for labor visit becuase i think at this point the needles are starting to bother me less and less and now at least i know what a catheter feels like....


just another manic monday...


oh and here is a picture of my foot already swollen at 9:47 in the morning. The line is because i am wearing my slippers to work and that is where they go up to on my foot.

3 comments:

Callie said...

You poor girl. Your feet!!! Wow, I thought mine were swollen, but you definitely get the prize. It is so painful, I know! Hang in there. Just keep your eyes on the fact that you'll be holding your little boy soon!

Rebecca Susan said...

Dear sweet mother of pearl!! What is that atrocity?! That can't possibly be an adult human foot!!! In two weeks you'll technically be full term, just tell them to force that little turd out already. Needles and catheters and cultures, oh my!

...Laura... said...

owwiiiees! Holy freak! I would insist on an induction the day you're full term. It's your body and baby after all! Your poor feet! That is seriously the worst I've seen! I thought mine were bad when I had to take my toe ring off.... I don't think you could even get a bracelet on!

I'm so sorry you had a terrible day! That just makes me cringe reading your story. Catheters??? yikes!